DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Trading Systems Engineer, you will provide mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems and make adjustments to trading parameters throughout the trading day as needed. This person will manage a wide variety of technical support and engineering functions, including application support in testing and production environments, software deployment and configuration and system monitoring.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Work as part of a team to establish best-in-class support processes to ensure flawless operation of production trading technologies, flawless software deployment and configuration processes, and proactive monitoring and support to anticipate and avoid issues before they occur
- Ensure maximum trading system availability to avoid missing any key trading opportunities
- Provide support for trading production systems
- Develop proprietary process automation and monitoring tools and leverage third-party technologies as appropriate
- Provide support for proprietary trading systems deployed across a multi-platform production environment (primarily Linux with a little Windows)
- Troubleshoot trading system production incidents resulting from internal (proprietary software / systems) or external factors (markets, data feeds, telecommunication lines)
- Automate software configuration and rollout procedures to reduce manual configuration errors and strive for flawless change management
- Support core market connectivity and correspond with exchanges regarding trade order activity, connectivity, and other related technical support issues
- Work interactively with DBAs, core development teams, back office systems, QA Engineers, Infrastructure and management teams when deploying production releases and troubleshooting technical issues
What’s needed in this role:
- Experience supporting high performance applications, process monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Previous trading systems support experience preferred
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals (multicast, TCP, routing)
- Basic scripting skills (Such as; Python, PowerShell or Bash, etc.)
- Experience working in Linux environments
- Prior experience working with FIX protocol and alternative exchange protocols a plus
- Experience with configuration management tools such a Chef and Ansible a plus
- Previous Docker container experience a plus
- Experience with monitoring suites such as Splunk, Kibana & Grafana plus
- Flexibility to work slightly varied hours as trading activity needs dictate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.