DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The SeniorSoftware Development Engineer in Test provides mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. As a SDET, you will develop and execute test plans and test cases for trading platforms that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. Your work will be critical to the testing of various trading strategies on our proprietary platforms and you will also be very involved in the optimization of how those strategies are deployed via various exchanges.
- Perform testing of proprietary trading/quoting systems and validation of new functionality
- Work with developers to understand functionality of system, determine testing priorities and develop test cases for the system
- Develop scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring test system components
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Test upgrade of new versions of client software and work with production support staff to ensure consistent operation of production systems
- Work with key end users of application to understand usage and production issues in order to fine tune test case coverage for critical functionality while optimizing time to production
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Reproduce issues discovered in production using the test environments in order to help identify issues and solutions
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous exposure testing or supporting trading strategies and activity
- Experience with Linux OS
- Experience working with exchange order and mass quoting protocols
- Experience working in fast-paced development environments and working with dynamic data and complex systems
- Scripting experience with Python or similar scripting language preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.