Our European Equity Vol desk is looking for a Senior Equity Options Trader to focus on Market Making. The role will primarily be focused on providing liquidity (both electronic and voice) on Eurex and Euronext (incl Borsa Italiana). In addition to being responsible for the trading team’s performance, this role will require providing liquidity to the Prop desk as well as developing the framework to do so. This is an opportunity for a successful Equity options trader to take the next step in their career and be responsible for a dynamic team of traders, helping to build out the desk and design the key liquidity providing strategies.
- Overall responsibility Equity Options Market Making including overseeing the other traders in the team
- Ensuring all system parameters, models and execution models are up to date and being utilized to their fullest potential during market hours
- Developing broker relationships and designing a framework for ensuring optimal engagement in the broker market
- Directing the Voice traders to work markets that suit the book
- Partnering with the Systematic Market Making team to ensure best use of the shared execution stack
- Engaging with the Equity Options Quants in order to help progress our proprietary pricing models
- Actively engaging with the Equity Fundamental Analysts, developing trading thesis and taking risk positions
- Ensuring Trading Management are kept up to date on your positions and rationale for taking specific risks
- Providing feedback to the Quant and Developer teams on system’s performance and requested new features from traders
- Development of junior talent via the Quantitative Trading Analyst program
- Proven experience providing liquidity in Equity Options in Europe, being consistently profitable throughout your career and having avoided any significant draw downs
- Continual improvement mindset and a focus on operational excellence
- Extreme attention to detail & accuracy
- Academic background in a technical subject such as Econometrics, Math, Computer Science or Statistics
- Strong experience of using low latency electronic execution systems at a leading Market Making firm
- Ability to clearly explain your Market Making style, risk management and principles
- Expert knowledge of European Corporate Actions & Stock Events / Catalysts
- Familiarity with European exchange market structures
- Deep understanding with end Client and IDB flows
- Some experience in programming R, Python, Matlab preferred
DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.