DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We have an exciting opportunity for a professional to join our lean, experienced, and knowledgeable Corporate Strategy team based in Chicago. You will gain solid experience in business development, trading, and operations – from evaluating market opportunities to developing corporate strategies and business planning for DRW.
This role will be part of a growing, centralized strategy team tasked with partnering with a diverse set of trading businesses across the firm to develop and execute business plans. Within assigned areas of focus, you will be responsible for overseeing assessment and monetization of market opportunities to assist in the optimal allocation of firm resources and capital.
The position will be based in Chicago with periodic travel to other DRW offices as needed.
· Interface with various embedded market opportunities and trading teams to deliver analytics to optimize firm-wide revenue generation opportunities
· Extract and collect relevant market data from both internal databases and external sources such as exchanges and market data providers
· Generate analyses from that data on market opportunities and potential new initiatives. This includes identifying total addressable market, determining specific strategies (both latency sensitive and non-latency sensitive), and overlaying DRW’s unique capabilities and strengths
· Communicate insights and findings clearly to firm leadership, and drive execution as necessary on related initiatives
· Develop robust financial reporting and tools as needed for specific Corporate Strategy team use cases, in coordination with Finance and Accounting teams
· Produce opportunity analysis reporting and dashboards for the Corporate Strategy team
Required Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related majors
· To be self-motivated, results driven and commercially minded with at least 5 years’ working experience in the US financial markets, including 3+ years of experience in the proprietary trading industry
· Prior knowledge or desire to learn about market making strategies; basics of pricing, execution, and risk management
· Technical expertise in programming and software tools including Python (Strong), Data Analytics, Data ETL (Extract – transform-load), Excel
· Ability to present complex data in a clear and visually appealing way using tools like Tableau, Power BI etc
· Ability to work with people across multiple locations, be collaborative, and work independently
· Exceptional spoken and written communication skills
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.