DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
The Developer Experience team provides mission critical services to the wider software engineering community at DRW. This is a dynamic role has a blend of responsibilities, encompassing end-to-end service ownership, development work through strategic projects, and dedicated support to our internal customers. Our support work offers ample opportunities to sharpen your troubleshooting skills but also allows you to collaborate with other engineering teams, informing our future project work and other improvements.
In this role, you will navigate novel build challenges, refine observability and alerting systems, and build great developer workflows. Your efforts will not only advance our team's delivery capabilities but also enable all engineers at DRW to do their best work.
What you will do:
· Collaborate with leaders, trading teams, and developers to act as a force multiplier of the engineering population across the company.
· Take ownership of services and products provided by the Developer Experience team, encompassing source control, build artifact repositories, static analysis tools, and other tools related to software delivery.
· Investigate and resolve intricate systems or build issues during support rotations, building valuable relationships with other DRW development teams.
· Work in a hybrid infrastructure environment, cloud and on-prem, using infra-as-code patterns to reliably manage and scale the services we own.
· Educate users on our tools, conduct end-user demonstrations as needed, and maintain high quality self-service documentation.
· Act as a key independent contributor while ensuring knowledge is disseminated effectively within the team.
In addition to having a strong technical background, the following attributes are essential:
· You have strong relationship building and communication skills and the drive to positively influence all areas of the organisation's software delivery life cycle (SDLC).
· You have stellar written communication, ensuring your messages resonate widely.
· You embrace pragmatism, balancing present needs with future optimisations, ensuring all solutions are sustainable for the long term.
· You are proficient in handling tasks ranging from troubleshooting low-level OS issues to architecting robust artifact storage solutions for CI.
· Continuous Integration and Delivery excite you, and you strive to avoid Continuous Irritation and Disappointment.
· You are intrinsically motivated, curious, dedicated to learning, and possess a collaborative spirit.
Key Skills and Technologies:
· Experience in debugging and triaging complex systems.
· Experience using configuration management tooling like Ansible to manage infrastructure in a repeatable manner.
· Experience managing Linux systems, both on-prem and in cloud environments.
· Experience in supporting containerised applications using systems like Kubernetes, Docker, and Terraform.
· Strong knowledge around developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
· 5 years of development experience and proficient in at least one high-level programming language, such as Go, Python, or Java.
What will make you stand out:
· Demonstrated experience with building high-quality solutions and owning them throughout their entire Lifecyle.
· You have previously built tools for improving developer productivity.
· You lead without authority.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.