DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Software Development Engineer in Test provides mission critical support for our core proprietary trading systems. As a SDET, you will partner closely with the business and with software developers to develop test plans and test cases for various trading platforms that are used globally by trading and research teams across the firm. Your work will be critical to the testing of various trading strategies on our proprietary platforms and you will also be very involved in the optimization of how those strategies are deployed via various exchanges. We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in functional testing and the ability to design and develop both manual and automated test strategies and test cases.
- Set up, maintain, and support testing environments for automated and manual testing for both the QA and software development environments
- Provide testing environment configuration support for development teams
- Develop automated regression testing of system functionality using Python
- Develop scripts for maintaining, updating, and monitoring test system components
- Troubleshoot issues and bugs discovered in testing to help determine root cause
- Provide feedback on system functionality to help make improvements
- Work with operations team to communicate upcoming changes to software systems
- Help troubleshoot and resolve problems in production systems
- Reproduce issues discovered in production using the test environments in order to help identify issues and solutions
- Previous experience testing or supporting trading strategies and activity
- Experience supporting options trading strategies and systems preferred
- Experience working with exchange order and mass quoting protocols
- Experience working in fast-paced development environments and working with dynamic data and complex systems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively test applications independently
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with automated test frameworks
- Experience with scripting languages, primarily Python
- Previous experience working with databases such as MSSQL or Postgres
- Previous experience working on Linux operating systems
- Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.