DRW is a diversified trading firm with over 3 decades of experience bringing sophisticated technology and exceptional people together to operate in markets around the world. We value autonomy and the ability to quickly pivot to capture opportunities, so we operate using our own capital and trading at our own risk.
Headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia, we trade a variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, ETFs, Equities, FX, Commodities and Energy across all major global markets. We have also leveraged our expertise and technology to expand into three non-traditional strategies: real estate, venture capital and cryptoassets.
We operate with respect, curiosity and open minds. The people who thrive here share our belief that it’s not just what we do that matters–it's how we do it. DRW is a place of high expectations, integrity, innovation and a willingness to challenge consensus.
As a Receptionist on our Workplace team, you’ll manage our main reception area, greet and direct all visitors, and provide general administrative support to the company. The Workplace team is responsible for office management, maintenance, foodservice, travel and the planning and execution of all firm events and social activities. As a member of this team, you’ll participate in event planning and execution work and assist with various Workplace projects.
What you will do in this role:
- Professionally answer, screen, and route all incoming calls; Greet guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
- Input visitors into building security system, manage daily guest list, and communicate as needed with building security staff
- Monitor office security system
- Devise an office and kitchen inventory process to ensure that supplies are constantly well stocked and organized
- Planning of office food program and maintaining food ordering system
- Submit and follow up on service calls to the building management office
- Assist with office activities and events as needed; Manage internal events calendars and create posters/signage
- Complete package release forms and manage all incoming/outgoing mail accordingly
- Maintain updates to the facilities, reception and travel manuals
- Assist Office Manager with maintenance of recruiting and new employee onboarding processes
- Maintain conference rooms; assist with set up of A/V equipment and videoconferences
- Open/close reception area daily and maintain its appearance throughout the day
- Book conference rooms and arrange meetings as needed
- Type memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents as needed
- Provide on-going administrative support to office staff as needed, including travel, calendars, expense reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to meet business needs
What is needed for this role:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent phone etiquette
- Proficiency in MS Outlook for email and calendaring and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Confidence, initiative, and the ability to learn new things quickly
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize and take direction from multiple sources
- Excellent typing skills required
- Proven ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Previous experience in a corporate office environment preferred
- Previous experience coordinating travel arrangements preferred
- Must have ability to speak, read, and write in English and Mandarin
- Minimum Polytechnic diploma or equivalent required
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.