DRW is a principal trading firm, which means no outside investors or third party funds, and we trade for our own account in markets around the world. Our trading is diverse—across asset classes and instruments, using our own models and systems—and it’s this diversification that sets us apart. Founded in 1992 by bringing together technology, research, and risk management to capture trading and investment opportunities, and we still take that approach today. Though we’ve grown to more than 1000 exceptional people in six cities around the world, we have the spirit of a start-up and a constant focus on results.
DRW, specifically the European Equity Volatility team, is looking for an exceptional Senior Software Engineer with an expertise in Java to lead a team of highly talented technologists tasked with building proprietary volatility trading software. Your role will focus on all areas of software engineering, including design, development, implementation, testing, and post-trade analysis while using the latest technologies and low latency techniques.
To qualify for this role, you:
- have 4+ years experience using Java on Linux in the trading industry, or a similarly demanding field.
- can demonstrate expertise in network and concurrent programming involving low latency and high message rates
- can demonstrate expertise in JVM selection and performance tuning
- have strong verbal and written communication skills
- have a BS in Computer Science or a related field from a top university
Bonus points if you have:
- have 2+ years experience developing options trading software experience with complex systems or distributed programming
- can operate in multiple language domains, including Java, C++, and Python
- contributed to open source projects in a challenging field
- have a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- a demonstrated interest in keeping up with new developments in programming languages and other relevant technologies.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.