Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As a Quantitative Trading Analyst Intern, you will gain exposure to the dynamic worlds of trading and technology in order to learn what it takes to become a successful and sustainable trader. You will work on a small team to combine the disciplines of technology, research and risk management to identify optimal trading and investment strategies within the regulatory framework through a series of project based assignments. At the conclusion of 12 weeks, you will have the opportunity to present your results to senior leadership at DRW. While your days will have you engrossed with complex quantitative trading projects, your evenings will be spent exploring the city with organized social events to truly discover what it’s like to live and work in London.
How you will make an impact…
- Collaborate with senior traders, technologists and quantitative researchers by developing and improving trading strategies by working directly on the trading desk
- Identify and research in the development of cutting-edge market research projects using powerful analytic tools
- Market research projects vary from macroeconomic data curation and analysis to application of machine learning techniques to market tick data for automated trading
- Be given immediate responsibility through assignments like position tracking, calculating risk, and analyzing vital theoretical values
What you bring to the team…
- Are pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD in mathematics, economics, physics, statistics, computer science or any engineering related field and have an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills under time-sensitive situations
- Proficient programming in Python
- Are self-motivated, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- A passion for the financial markets and a deep curiosity to explore new methodologies
- Strong communication skills to advocate your ideas in a clear and concise manner to the group
What to expect during the internship
- Meaningful projects: Each project, advised by a trader, promotes a comprehensive learning experience and provides you with real-world work experience.
- Community: Throughout the summer, we host a variety of educational, social and team-building activities to explore the city, foster friendships and camaraderie.
- Mentorship: You’ll build a professional relationship with an experienced mentor in your field. Mentors and mentees meet to discuss goals, challenges and professional development and explore the city together at our mentor outings.
- Education: As the trading industry continually evolves, both in terms of new products and transaction methods, the future will present us with unique opportunities and challenges. You’ll complete an options course taught by an experienced trader and participate in a technology immersion course to better understand how technology and trading intersect.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.