DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW NX is looking for a talented Network Administrator to join our NSO team (Network Support and Operations). You’ll have the opportunity to work on the fastest network in the world, experiment with the latest technologies and be a pioneer in the networking industry. You’ll be part of a driven and dynamic global team, focusing on managing, improving and monitoring a global cutting-edge network.
As a Network Administrator for DRW, here are some of the things you’ll focus on:
- Take a lead role in the design and operation of our low latency networks
- Design, configure and support our global infrastructure including proprietary hardware platforms with a focus on low latency
- Proactively identify enhancements to existing configurations, technologies and procedures to improve performance
- Provide operational support for our global wireless and wired high-performance network environments
- Use proprietary and industry standard monitoring and analysis tools to identify, diagnose and solve network related issues throughout our global infrastructure
- Contribute to the documentation of network processes, systems and configurations
- Design and deploy new monitoring and telemetry systems where applicable
- Participate in network change and code reviews
- Interact with software and infrastructure teams to design, maintain and improve our internal tool stack
- Automate repetitive tasks and day to day network processes
What you bring to the team:
- At least 3+ years of experience working with large-scale enterprise or low latency networks
- In depth knowledge of WAN, LAN, and datacenter network architectures
- In depth knowledge of switching, routing and multicast protocols
- In depth knowledge of Linux
- Strong scripting and automation skills in Python, GO, Perl, Ruby or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of a monitoring framework such as Telegraf/Grafana Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- A high level of energy and a passion for creativity and innovation
- The flexibility to participate in a rotating on-call schedule including weekends
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills
Bonus points for:
- Experience with point to point wireless networks and knowledge of RF principles
- Experience working for low latency or trading networks
- Hands on experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
- Hands on experience working with containerization (Docker or others)
- Hands on experience with cloud services (AWS)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.