DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an Inventory and Shipping Specialist, you’ll be a member of our global procurement team that is responsible for managing the full procurement life cycle across a wide variety of assets, with a heavy emphasis on technology products and hardware. In this role, you’ll handle day-to-day shipping and receiving activities, track inventory, and get involved in inventory analysis and forecasting.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have a high school degree (higher education considered an asset)
- Have 1 year of logistics experience (in IT or Telecom related discipline would be an asset)
- Have excellent knowledge of MS office suite, collaboration tools and web-based tools
- Have experience with applications such as JIRA, Wrike, etc.
- Able to understand complex IT equipment
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Unafraid to challenge consensus, ask questions and demonstrate ownership.
- Resourcefulness, Intelligence and creative thinking are celebrated and vital assets
What you’ll be working on:
- Work closely with stakeholders to define shipping requirements and delivery specifications; prioritize all requests according to stakeholder needs
- Maintain the integrity of asset data; report and present inventory data to stakeholders
- Receive incoming shipments and communicate status with internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with internal teams and departments to efficiently store, track and report on stock inventory levels
- Manage the shipping and receiving process, asset tag equipment and perform data entry in Asset Management systems
- Perform inventory counts and checks on a regular basis to ensure accuracy
- Manage international shipments through the entire process from creating shipping labels and clearing customs to confirming delivery
- Proactively communicate shipment status to internal stakeholders
- Ownership over logistics partnerships
- Arrange local couriers and mail delivery
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.