DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. DRW trades its capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. Cumberland, the cryptoasset arm of DRW, is a global leader in cryptoassets specializing in two-sided, institutional-sized liquidity. Cumberland offers 24/7 access to a wide array of cryptoassets, while helping the ecosystem grow in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are seeking an experienced regulatory attorney to join our team as Corporate Counsel, to work on a wide variety of strategic, regulatory, and transactional matters.
- Strategic Direction: Provide thought leadership and strategic direction on innovative Cumberland initiatives, including on-exchange and over-the-counter trading, venture capital investments, incubation projects, DeFi and protocol development. Work directly with the Global Head of Cumberland as part of Cumberland’s executive team to structure and develop cutting-edge opportunities in the crypto space.
- Regulatory Counsel: Provide practical, risk-weighted legal and regulatory advice to the Cumberland team in connection with new business opportunities and day-to-day operations.
- Project Execution: Collaborate across functional groups within Cumberland and DRW globally to drive strategic objectives, including internal legal colleagues, outside counsel, tax, HR, accounting, treasury and trading operations.
Required Skills & Experience:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- 10+ years of legal experience with a focus on financial laws and regulations; some in-house experience is preferred
- Understanding of regulatory regimes applicable to cryptoasset trading (SEC, CFTC, NYDFS, anti-money laundering)
- Experience analyzing legal and regulatory issues relating to cryptoassets and blockchain technology
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the firm and across all functional groups
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.