DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a corporate generalist to join our Global Legal team as Corporate Counsel, to work on a wide variety of corporate and transactional matters.
- Commercial Contracts: Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of contracts, including software licenses, data licenses and other technology agreements, trading related agreements, leases, services agreements, vendor agreements, confidentiality agreements and other commercial contracts.
- Transactions: Manage legal aspects of joint ventures, acquisitions, venture capital investments, and other complex transactions. Advise internal business teams on all stages of deals, from initial structuring, to term sheet/LOI stage, to definitive documentation. Lead legal negotiations with third parties. Coordinate with internal subject matter experts, internal support groups and outside counsel.
- Corporate Governance: Assist with maintenance of US and non-US entities within the DRW corporate umbrella, including drafting intercompany agreements and managing corporate governance matters as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar
- 4+ years of legal experience with an emphasis on corporate practice
- Must have at least 3 years of experience at a top tier law firm
- Experience with transactional work relating to trading, finance, technology, cryptoassets and/or energy sector is a plus, but not required
- Excellent drafting skills
- Must be comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the firm
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.