DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to work with various business units across the firm to empower our technologists to deliver secure cloud infrastructure and cloud integrated solutions. The position will work in concert with the technology teams to ensure the cloud environments we use and configure are done so in a secure manner. You will also be responsible for defining global standards and guidelines to direct secure cloud development. A successful candidate will be able to establish base guidelines, implement security controls, review architecture and validate this is done in a repeatable and automatable fashion. While ensuring that the overall cloud presence of DRW is as secure as it can be.
What you’ll be doing:
- Review and audit AWS/GCP/Azure environments spanning across multiple business units and recommend changes to reduce risk and improve security.
- Support development and work with technologists across the firm to unify cloud security efforts.
- Integrate services and access routes in a data intensive hybrid cloud environment.
- Provide architectural guidance and support to ensure the various environments are securely deployed.
- Provide recommendations and create working examples of secure hybrid cloud implementations.
- Helping business units across the firm to securely migrate on-premise designed software to the appropriate cloud technologies.
- Stay abreast of new developments in the areas of cloud technology, security, services, and networking.
- Work with vendors and vendor solutions to evaluate products, produce recommendations for the firm, and educate internal clients.
- Have a strong grasp of technologies that can be leveraged across both cloud and on-premise deployments (user supported authorization, etc).
- Identify and analyze vulnerabilities and work with the various business units on remediation.
- Continuously assess and enhance cloud privilege models to ensure least privilege access to data and services.
- Respond to any security related incidents.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required.
- Relevant cloud certifications are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of cloud encryption technologies including key management such as (KMS, HSM, etc).
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services, with exposure to other cloud vendors such as Google Cloud Platform and Microsoft Azure.
- A strong command of infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and related technologies.
- Proficient with containerization and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes within a Linux environment.
- Experience with automation in the cloud, in addition to services used in loosely coupled serverless architectures, such as Lambda, SQS, API Gateway, and DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices and cloud based controls.
- Familiarity with security considerations, capabilities, and regulatory adherence for services across cloud providers.
- Working knowledge of networking in hybrid cloud environments.
- Must work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have strong work ethic and initiative.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve production problems while making sensible decisions in times of stress.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and documentation/knowledge management skills.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.