DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our Data Frameworks team is looking for a passionate C++ Software Developer to develop new and improve existing low latency data processing systems. You will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ with very tight latency constraints
- Have a background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Are comfortable working “under the hood” and you are quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting
- Have a strong understanding of C++11/14/17, boost, STL
- Have strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus points if you have:
- Have decent knowledge and experience of Python
- Have worked with some of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Ansible, RabbitMQ, Redis or Docker
- Have developed in a Linux based environment
- Have an interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
What you’ll be working on:
- All technical activities within the team such as estimating, sprint planning, software development life cycle activities, code reviews, testing, research.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software
- Actively engage with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.