DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for a motivated DevOps Build/Release Engineer to join the Development Engineering Services team. You will be a part of a collaboration-oriented team where you will have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways.
The role will involve supporting and maintaining CI/CD software, debugging builds, creating packages, and developing tools and automation around those recipes.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key member of the Development Engineering Services team making impactful changes that the large development ecosystem benefits from every day.
- Contribute to standup meetings, demos, “lightening talks”, etc.
- Build, test and release packages in a variety of packaging systems.
- Identify repetitive manual tasks and find solutions to automate them.
What we’re looking for:
- Significant software development experience.
- At least 5 years of UNIX systems administration experience.
- Experience building software using make, CMake, nmake, or similar.
- Ability to dig into any build system or code-base to diagnose and fix problems.
- Experience working with at least one build system (e.g. Bamboo, TeamCity, Jenkins).
- Experience coding in Python or shell scripting (e.g. bash) to automate rote system-level tasks.
- Familiarity with git or other version control software.
- Persistent drive to improve workflows and make things better.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to ask questions, share information, and understand the “why” for your work and the team’s work.
- Ability to work well on a team as well as independently.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with conda - either building recipes or as an end-user.
- Familiarity with Sonatype Nexus.
- Familiarity with monitoring and visualization tools (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk).
- Familiarity with the shared library mechanisms on Linux, and techniques for diagnosing and resolving missing or mismatched libraries.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.