DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently hiring a Data Specialist to join our Market Intelligence Team, working in close collaboration with our Data Dynamics team. Candidates must have a passion for data and its dissemination, and the ability to think both independently and collaboratively. They will assist in the preparation of several research reports by collecting and processing data from a variety of sources.
Candidates must be comfortable working within a fast-paced, and at times highly demanding environment. They must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to both teams.
You’ll feel right at home if you:
- Have exceptional attention to detail and data gathering skills
- Are able to balance several time sensitive requests
- Are able to learn and adapt to proprietary tools and database systems
- Are highly proficient at Microsoft Excel
- Have an interest in learning about global markets, world economies, and how information is disseminated
- Are resourceful at searching for detailed information online
- Have effective communication skills (oral and written) in English
- Are willing to learn and adapt to a quickly-changing environment
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree in a related field - economics, finance, commerce or computer science
- Have knowledge of Bloomberg and Reuters Eikon terminals (considered a bonus)
What you’ll be working on:
- Preparing for upcoming trades by compiling quantitative data into reports for use by analysts and strategists
- Collaborating with the research and trading teams in both pre- and post- trade analysis to prepare research reports
- Updating spreadsheets and databases and assisting with ad hoc data entry requests
- Keeping abreast of all market developments on a real-time basis by monitoring markets using Bloomberg Reuters and other sources
- Monitoring the various specific websites across different departments on an ongoing basis
- Collaborating with different teams to create new tools