DRW is looking for highly skilled Ph.D. level researchers for an Algorithmic Trading Research Group in Tel Aviv; DRW’s Tel Aviv office is scheduled to open in the summer of 2019.
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It is a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results with competitive compensation packages.
Algorithmic Trading Researchers at DRW apply tools from a variety of disciplines including statistics, control theory, machine learning, optimization, and signal processing to develop algorithmic trading strategies. Our research team collaborates on idea generation and strategy development, while encouraging independent exploration and original approaches. Researchers have access to clean data integrated with a high performance computing grid and the support of dedicated software developers.
- Develop algorithmic trading strategies and improve existing strategies
- Identify inefficiencies in the financial markets and characterize them with mathematical models
- Predict price movements using statistics, signal processing and machine learning
- Apply optimization techniques to construct optimal portfolios
- Design automated trading agents that achieve efficient execution
- Direct software developers in the translation of the research into production software
- A Ph.D. with a focus on machine learning, signal processing, optimization, control or statistics
- An interest in financial markets
- Experience in handling large data sets using languages such as Python, R, MATLAB, or C++
- Significant hands-on experience with formulating a research problem, conducting the research and developing a working system
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience in finance is not necessary; finance-specific training will be provided