DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our new Real-Time Equity Trading Team is looking for a dedicated Junior Real-Time Equity Trader over a 4-month contract period with possibility of full-time employment. You will grow with the team and be responsible for exploring, developing and executing equity strategies. Furthermore, you will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and will build a strong understanding of the equity market space.
How you make an impact…
- Monitor fundamental, macroeconomic and sector specific news and its impact across various equities
- Identify, develop and execute equity strategies
- Research and analyze different companies across the equity market in order to cultivate a deeper understanding of the key players and drivers in the market
- Collaborate with various departments on the research, development and implementation of trade strategies
What you bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, political science, law or any related field graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Passion for learning about the North American equity market
- Excellent reading comprehension and ability to absorb large amounts of information
- Intellectually curious mind and a commitment to learning
- Positive, team-focused attitude and strong collaboration skills
- Self-starter mentality with a propensity to excel in fast paced environments
Please note: the hours for this position will be roughly 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.