DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As an Algorithmic Trader, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to operate trading and investment strategies across multiple asset classes. You will work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and quantitative researchers to ensure optimal system performance.
- Operate automated, latency sensitive trading systems
- Monitor the systems’ executions and open positions
- Adjust system parameters based on market conditions
- Manually trade to reduce risk when necessary
- Suggest automation and improvements to the systems
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behavior to team members
- Stay current with system functionality
- Contribute to all aspects of the trading desk activities including: position reconciliation, risk management tasks, and post trade analysis
- Rotate between Day Shift, Asian Shift and Night Shift with 3 other traders
- Day Shift: 8am – 4:15pm
- Asian Shift: 4:30pm – 12:30am
- Night Shift: 12:30am – 8am
- Trading or TA experience preferred
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot high frequency trading strategies and systems
- High attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Ability to use sound judgment under pressure
- Must be motivated, dependable, and responsible