DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for passionate Full Stack Software Developers to develop and improve the software that is critical to our mission. We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. You will have vast exposure to multiple teams within DRW and be given immediate responsibility to make an impact from day one. You will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology and senior technologists to provide you the best possible environment to succeed on our team. We do not require familiarity with or prior experience in financial markets for this role. We will give you the training you need to be successful.
How you will make an impact…
- Design, develop, and implement full-stack software systems. Examples include:
- Trading Systems
- Data acquisition solutions
- Monitoring Systems
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Collaborating with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as elsewhere within the organization.
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
What you bring to the team…
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- A strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Exposure to working with databases such as InfluxDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, or Microsoft SQL as well as some of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Ansible, Capistrano, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis or Docker
- Previous professional experience working in a Linux based environment (internships and co-op experience is relevant)
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams as well as the self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English