DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for two Junior Real-Time Strategy Analysts to join our team in Montreal to work the Asian/European trading sessions. As a Junior Real-Time Strategy Analyst you’ll have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of research and technology to create optimal trading strategies that will allow us to capture and monetize market-moving events within the regulatory framework. You will work closely with a small team of experienced traders, software engineers and senior researchers to provide insight and help flesh out new opportunities. You will be given immediate responsibility to make an impact from day one. We do not require familiarity or prior experience in financial markets for this role. We will give you the training you need to be successful.
How you will make an impact…
- Monitor fundamental, geopolitical, and macroeconomic news as well as other available resources to research its impact across financial markets and distil “market sentiment”
- Research and analyze trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding to gain insight and make sense of seemingly unrelated events
- Bring a fresh approach and new ideas to help refine existing practices and seek out new opportunities
- Collaborate with various departments on the research, development, and implementation of trade strategies
You will be right at home if you have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Political Science or any related program graduating between November 2018 and May 2019
- A passion for the field of geopolitics and finance and desire to continue learning
- Strong critical thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to learn and an ability to adapt to constantly evolving demands
- A creativity and drive to help improve our processes and trading methodologies
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
Please note: the hours for this position will be two separate shifts from the hours of 7pm to 3am and 2am to 10am.