DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
At DRW, we believe that employees are not just our most valuable asset, but our key driver of success. We are seeking a self-motivated, creative Human Resources Manager to execute the vision of extending our employee-focused organization from top to bottom, in every aspect of our employees’ life cycle. We are looking for someone to partner with us to make DRW the best place to work.
The Human Resources Manager manages a team of four and reports to the Director of Human Resources in our Chicago HQ, and also works closely with senior leadership in the Montreal office. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all aspects of HR for the Montreal office with the goal of driving employee engagement and aligning employees with the strategic goals of the company.
- Manage all Human Resource programs and initiatives, including: talent acquisition, development and management, employee relations, compensation, employee engagement, payroll and benefits and education
- Oversee the talent acquisition life cycle: sourcing, interviewing, offers, on-boarding and integration
- Develop a strategic education program for experienced professionals in all areas of the office, including leadership and management training
- Help identify people-management best practices; implement practical solutions in the areas of high-potentials, retention, career development and career mapping
- Ensure a highly effective performance review process that facilitates quality performance discussions and supports employee engagement
- Oversee compensation and benefit programs
- Partner with Chicago HQ and Montreal senior leadership to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws
- Take a data driven approach in developing and institutionalizing practical metrics and reporting to actively inform and improve all aspects of HR
- Continuously look to for creative ways to improve the employee experience
Required Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Organizational Design, Learning and Development, Human Resources or related field
- 10+ years of HR experience with an emphasis in Learning & Development, Organizational Design and Talent Management
- Demonstrated skill at managing the design, development, and delivery of practical talent development and leadership development solutions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop HR staff members
- Strong interpersonal skills, proven analytical ability with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong initiative and sense of urgency, as well as proven experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence in a counseling role
- Ability to manage shifting priorities
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, in both English and French (must be fully bilingual)
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills; excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt to ever-changing priorities
- Technology industry or financial services experience a bonus
- General expertise in local HR practices and employment-related legislation
- HRIS (Workday) experience an asset
- CRHA designation an asset
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.