DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Desk Operations Specialist, you’ll provide support to a group of trading desks based in London. This is an opportunity to solve challenging problems while working closely with experienced traders and software engineers to choose the right tools and solutions for the job.
- Daily P&L calculation and substantiation - supporting each desk’s preferred method of aggregating and reporting P&L and ensuring that such workflow conforms to and integrates with firm standards
- Ensure proper handling of corporate actions and related entitlements
- Daily reconciliation of all fees: exchange, clearing, FCM/PB commission, financing, etc.
- Ownership of the settlement workflow with a critical emphasis on ETF creations/redemptions, ADR conversions/cancellations, and brokered/done away trades.
- Work alongside traders to fully support execution of trades
- Trade capture for all products related to the desks’ activity - equity trades (cash and futures) are the primary focus, scope includes fixed income, FX, swaps and options
- Trade and position reconciliation with clearing firms, prime brokers and bilateral counterparties
- Mastery of the firm’s proprietary trade capture, inventory management and P&L reporting systems necessary to support each desk’s activity
- Act as process super-user for current systems, providing critical support and advice regarding needed enhancements to technology, workflows and processes necessary for the London operation
- Act as process super-user for current workflows, resolving issues that may arise between internal groups at DRW and multiple external exchanges, clearers and counterparties
- Liaise with technical personnel to secure proper support and coverage for ongoing operations as well as procure enhancements for insufficient or new workflows
- Focus on process efficiency, risk reduction, and alignment with DRW standards
- 3-5 years of experience in a front office, middle office, back office or risk management role
- A background in equities; ideally with exposure to supporting other ancillary products at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund or other buy-side organization
- Additional experience with bonds, futures, FX and interest rate swaps preferred
- Substantial prior interaction with the front office and senior management in an active trading environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, another quantitative field or material equivalent exposure
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to analyze problems, synthesize and implement solutions thereto
- Demonstrated ability to own and navigate technical issues and interact successfully with technology personnel
- A strong background in MS Excel required
- Previous experience with SQL and VBA or another scripting language is highly preferred
- Ability to gain proficiency in SQL, VBA and Python in relatively short order once on the job
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.