DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
You will join a quantitative trading team managing systematic equity strategies. The team focuses on non-latency sensitive investment opportunities across geographies. The team is responsible for the complete lifecycle of quantitative investment process; research, development, and trading of systematic strategies. The team strongly emphasizes cutting-edge innovative scientific research, and is looking to add an individual who is enthusiastic about contributing within a team environment.
The main responsibility of the role will be to research, design and implement new quantitative trading strategies. This will entail generating alphas from a variety of traditional and alternative datasets using rigorous statistical methods. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to build a deep understanding of the underlying datasets and be able to apply the latest scientific algorithms for statistical model development. The candidate will use the team’s custom research infrastructure for simulation, back-testing, and validation of the proposed models.
The ideal candidate will be excited about working in a collaborative team environment, with an emphasis on team performance. We also require the following:
- MS/PhD in a technical discipline with a focus on Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Artificial Intelligence or related fields
- 5+ years’ experience in quantitative investment research in Medium Frequency Equity Trading and/or Equity Markets is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to report research results/methodologies required
- Research publications focused on equities trading, or articles in top-tier Journals focusing on any of the above topics is a plus
- Strong programming skills with the ability to explore large datasets required
- Exposure to High-Performance Computing and/or Natural Language Processing is a plus