DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Quantitative Trading Analyst, you will have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to create optimal trading and investment strategies within the regulatory framework. You will work closely with experienced traders, software engineers and quantitative researchers. You will gain exposure to multiple asset classes through hands on trading experience and data analysis. Individual discovery and collaboration with fellow team members are encouraged to develop your understanding of market behavior.
How you will make an impact…
- Collaborate with researchers, traders, and software engineers to develop and improve trading strategies
- Quantitatively analyze trade data
- Assist in the development of analytical tools
- Investigate the potential application of existing strategies to new products
- Perform post-trade analysis of strategies including position and PnL reconciliation
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behavior to team members
- Execute trades based on market analysis and team strategy
You will be right at home if you have…
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, computer science or related field graduating between December 2018 and June 2019
- Advanced quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to deploy those skills during time-sensitive situations
- A deep curiosity of analyzing large data sets using your knowledge of probability and statistics
- Experience programming in Python, C, C++, or similar languages
- Are adaptive, self-motivated, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments
- Can advocate for your perspectives on trading strategies and risk in a concise manner to the team
- The ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams
For more information about DRWs processing activities and their use of job applicants' data, please view their Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.