DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for passionate Full Stack Software Developers to develop/improve the software that is critical to our mission. We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. We work closely with various research, trading and development teams and have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant software development experience
- Have a strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have experience working with databases such as Microsoft SQL, InfluxDB, or PostgreSQL
- Have worked with some of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Ansible, Capistrano, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis or Docker
- Have developed in a Linux based environment
- Have an interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing and implementing high value projects and products for our internal end-users
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Actively engage with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.