Vigilant is looking for passionate Full Stack Software Developers to develop/improve the software that is critical to our mission. We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. We work closely with various research, trading and development teams and have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a minimum of 2 years of relevant software development experience
- Have a strong understanding of software development principles (OO design, TDD, etc)
- Have a bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Have experience working with databases such as InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, or Microsoft SQL
- Have worked with some of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Ansible, Capistrano, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis or Docker
- Have developed in a Linux based environment
- Have an interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Possess self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for technology
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English
What you’ll be working on:
- Designing and implementing high value projects and products for our internal end-users
- Building scalable and performant software using software engineering best practices
- Actively engage with others on the development team to resolve challenging design and coding issues
- Analyzing end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluating appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
Vigilant is part of DRW, a global principal trading firm, and that means we have no customers or investors – our work benefits our team and our community. Here at Vigilant, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a company like no other in Montreal, driving high performance trading systems, networks and strategies for the financial markets. Our formula for success is simple: we combine best in class technology with naturally motivated people in an environment that inspires innovation. Vigilant is proud to be named among Canada’s top employers for seven years running.