DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
At the center of DRW real-time operations is a development team responsible for the firm’s trade and instrument reporting systems. The Trading Infrastructure empowers the front, middle, and back offices with the tools and resources necessary to seamlessly integrate into trade operations, risk management, and reconciliation processes. The Trading Infrastructure team is looking for application software developers who can help with our broad set of challenges.
We work from high-level requirements where programmers are expected to gain an intimate understanding of the business. We strive for an environment where developers have the autonomy to pursue business solutions without arbitrary management constraints. We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. Broadly, the development teams at DRW believe in rapid deployment and feedback, automated testing, and cohesive, transparent, lightly-coupled service architectures
- Building systems with a constant focus on testing, reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- Designing, modeling, and programming in a variety languages and technologies.
- Working on legacy code as well as green field development.
- Initiative driving projects to completion.
- Learning and promoting new technologies with a focus on best practices.
- Providing on-call support as needed.
- Sometimes working alongside other developers on the same task.
We are looking for strong developers of any stripe, but familiarity with the below will give candidates a leg up in working on our systems.
- Multiple years of server side development.
- A solid understanding of micro-service architectures and CAP theorem.
- A good understanding of functional paradigms and type theory.
- Confident JVM knowledge.
- Java 8 awareness alongside understanding how to use java.util.concurrent.
- Proficiency in domain driven design and domain modeling.
- Exposure to linux, ansible, nginx, webpack, git, or rabbitmq.
- Knowledge of financial concepts or exchange trading.