DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 900 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is looking for outstanding Senior Software Engineers with an expertise in C++. In this role, you will be a part of our Core Infrastructure team which is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining DRW's low latency trading platform which is deployed global. You will be tasked with working on various areas of the technical stack including order routing, market data, trading strategies, and risk.
To qualify for this role, you:
- Have significant experience developing high-availability systems in C++ and Python with very tight resource/latency constraints
- Have a background in multi-threaded programming and a strong understanding of hardware/software interaction
- Are comfortable working “under the hood” and you are quite skilled in performance tuning (applications, Linux, socket I/O, etc.) and troubleshooting
- Have experience working with C++ libraries like STL and Boost
- Are up to date on the C++11/14 standards and have opinions about them
- Have worked on challenging projects that involved things like building a custom compiler, writing a matching engine, or working with large amounts of data in real time
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in the trading industry or another ultra-low latency sensitive business that involves solving remarkably complex problems
- Experience working with Research teams and Quants
- Full life-cycle software development utilizing exotic hardware/software architectures for ultra-low latency trading systems