DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With approximately 1,200 employees at our Chicago headquarters and nine global offices, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative internal communications leader to join our global brand and communications team. As our Internal Communications Manager, you will work directly with senior leaders across the firm to tell the stories of our people, businesses and ideas. While we have a strong internal communications strategy in place, we are excited for this leader to bring new insights and initiatives to the team to help enhance our employee engagement. This role will be an exciting challenge for a savvy professional that thrives in a fast-paced, nimble environment, loves working across different business units, and has a knack for developing smart campaigns, curated content and connecting with diverse audiences.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Set the strategic vision for internal communications at the firm, which should reflect key priorities of senior leadership, resonate with our employees and allow for flexible processes and approaches.
- Serve as an internal communications advisor to leaders and teams across our technology, trading and support services teams. They will look to you to help identify interesting stories, plan group-focused meetings and help write key communications.
- Oversee all internal communications channels, including our Sharepoint-based intranet, Town Hall Meetings, firmwide emails and internal chat platform.
- Serve as a strategic partner and writing resource for our HR and Workplace teams to help drive awareness of and engagement in key programming.
- Proactively seek to implement cutting-edge solutions to consistently improve the effectiveness and efficiency of communications across the firm.
- For the right candidate, role could also include oversight of project management for the DRW Foundation and ESG-focused responsibilities.
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- At least 8 years of experience in internal communications, including leading key initiatives and managing teams. Agency experience welcome, but not required
- Proven experience in developing, maintaining and refining a sizable intranet. Sharepoint experience is a significant plus
- A flexible approach to getting the job done and a client-service oriented mentality. You should be comfortable directly advising senior leadership
- Exceptional writing, project management and organizational skills
- Desire to get to flex into external and community affairs work as part of the broader team
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.