DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
One of our Trading Teams is looking for a dedicated Junior Trader to take on a contract that is anticipated to be 4 months in duration with the possibility of achieving full-time employment thereafter. A full-time Junior Trader will be required to work various hours depending on the global financial markets that we cover. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of trade-able qualitative strategies. You will be integral in the interaction between various research and trading teams and you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies.
You’ll feel right at home if you…
- Have a strong interest in learning about global markets and world economies
- Have ideally 2 years of experience with financial markets
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, political science or law
- Flexibility with varying work schedules depending on world events – successful candidates must be comfortable working off hours to accommodate global markets
- Are able to work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to work under pressure
- Have excellent written and communication skills in English
What you’ll be working on:
- Monitoring fundamental, geopolitical, and macroeconomic news and its impact across financial markets
- Developing and executing trade strategies
- Researching and analyzing trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding of current world events
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
Keep this statement at the bottom of all Canada job postings:
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.