DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As Corporate Counsel on our global Legal team, you will focus on negotiating derivatives transaction documentation and other trading agreements, and will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of other corporate and transactional matters.
- Draft and negotiate trading documentation for a wide range of derivatives products, as well as prime brokerage, clearing, repo and securities lending transactions, including ISDAs, CSAs, GMRAs, complex confirmations, and related documentation.
- Work closely with the treasury department, the risk department and business liaisons to complete counterparty documentation and manage contract life cycle in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements, firm policies and limits.
- Provide ongoing analysis and advice to traders and support teams on trading documentation.
- Participate in a wide range of corporate and transactional matters relating to other types of commercial agreements, venture capital investments, acquisitions, joint ventures and governance matters.
Required Skills & Experience:
- J.D. from an accredited law school and admission to a state bar association
- 7+ years of legal experience with an emphasis on derivatives transactions
- Thorough understanding of industry-standard trading agreements such as ISDAs and GMRAs
- Ability to work independently on complex trading documentation with minimal oversight
- Ability to work effectively with the legal and compliance team on corporate transactional matters and regulatory issues
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the firm
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.