DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently looking for a Risk Manager to be based in our Chicago office. This position will report to the Director of Risk Management in Chicago and be responsible for performing daily risk monitoring of our trading portfolios and for assisting in the ongoing development and enhancement of our risk management framework and tools.
- Work with assigned trading businesses to parameterize their specific risks and monitor and measure trading activity
- Define, establish and maintain risk frameworks for various trading strategies
- Monitor daily trading activity according to established risk limits and assess risk exposures
- Communicate risk-related information to Traders/Portfolio Managers
- Provide risk-related reporting to senior management
- Help advance robust approaches to risk management, including defining, building and using the necessary tools and reporting
- Actively research and stay current on market dynamics, risk factors and real world drivers of portfolio performance and risk
Required Experience and Skills:
- Previous risk management experience required; previous trading experience preferred
- Must have strong quantitative background and substantial data analysis experience
- Previous experience using tools such as SQL, VBA, Python or R for data analysis and modeling; programming background helpful
- Intuitive understanding of options pricing models and risk measures
- Thorough understanding of either the fixed income or commodities markets required
- Experience building tools and reporting for risk or trading
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Sound judgment and strong analytical skills essential
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree in quantitative field desirable
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.