DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW Holdings seeks a high-performing, driven, and dedicated individual to join and lead a team focusing on managing and provisioning external financial data (including all market and reference data). The team's responsibilities cover the entire data workflow, including design, delivery, and operational support for various data services and delivery mechanisms, going from real-time streaming to file-based delivery.
The position also requires strong content insight, and knowledge of key providers of data services. The team is responsible for proactive interaction with end-users, so strong communication and problem management capabilities are critical.
- Leadership and daily management of a market data systems team.
- Provide subject matter expertise across all areas of external real-time data delivery.
- Strategic guidance and operational support to the CTO and management team across market data delivery workflow.
- Ensure the market data delivery infrastructure (Bloomberg, Activ Financial, OneTick, Refinitiv, direct feeds, etc.) are fully operational and reliable.
- Act as a subject matter expert for all API inquiries associated with market data delivery.
- Monitoring of the systems for market data utilization and proactive capacity planning.
- Act as a subject matter expert with a deep understanding of all market data services, characteristics, and value across all asset classes, segments, and service appearances.
- Serve as a liaison with portfolio managers/trading groups/middle office/technology teams and provide direct support for their data needs.
- Management, implementation, and enforcement of entitlements solutions and approaches.
- Liaise with vendors on data and technical issues as needed and deliver rapid and successful issue resolution.
- Lead the team to ensure reliable platform/delivery and accuracy of real-time market data.
- Manage centralized firmwide general purpose market data time series database and compute platform
- Manage small team of internal consultants/liaisons to assist trading teams with optimizing usage of real-time market data systems and historical time series analytics services
- Excellent knowledge of all financial data (market, reference, alternative, index services. etc.).
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with market data workflow, including delivery, provisioning, and consumption.
- Ability to convert business requirements into specifications and deliver upon.
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team as needed. Actively participate in team activities and team planning to improve team skills and quality of work.
- Ability to establish and maintain lasting working relationships with other delivery teams and broader technology organizations, ensuring that the function is operating within the professional remit and focuses on delivery.
- Ability to provide data analysis to ensure data quality by utilizing various tools and technologies.
- Prior experiencing managing centralized real-time market data platforms and historical time series analytics database and services
- Commercial acumen of contractual aspects associated with the external data.
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
- Excellent knowledge of the securities industry across all asset classes.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with the ability to communicate and share solutions with fellow team members.
- Technical skills associated with operational management of all external data ingestion systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of APIs (C++, Java, C#, Python, etc.).
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills as well as strong time and project management skills.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.