DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Software Developer on the Business Intelligence technology team, you'll be part of a tight knit group of Software Developers working closely with internal users (traders, researchers, quants) to develop innovative research and post-trade analysis tools. As the independent source of truth for the Macro and Equity trading desks, the BI team strives to make data universally accessible and useful. Our tools collect, connect and visualize critical data; allowing Trading, Research and Technology teams to generate data driven insights that push teams to peak performance.
We care deeply about preserving a respectful and diverse team culture. We believe in choosing the right tech for the job even if that means learning something new or reviving something old. We value business impact and outcomes and we make decisions based on data. We strive to adapt quickly as business priorities change.
Who we're looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- A strong foundation in software development principles and architecture
- Several years of experience working in agile software development
- Proven ability to translate business requirements into long standing performant solutions
- Experience working with relational databases
- Front-end and Dev-Ops experience is a plus
What you’ll be working on:
- Building state-of-the-art data visualization and analysis tools for traders to systemically extract insights from their trades
- Implementing scalable and performant software that supports data driven decision making in EDT
- Soliciting requirements from analysts and traders for algorithmic trading strategy
- Maintaining existing trade research and reporting tools
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.