DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The goal of this team member is to be able to understand and improve the Grove trading system, help keep it updated and clean of errors and bad data, interpret model output, assist with execution of trades, and help with reporting and communication within DRW.
- Learn to execute trades for Grove as directed by TF and the system signals
- Learn to operate in the DRW environment, understanding risk metrics, P&L, trade booking, etc.
- Undertake study of technical trading and help monitor technicals on a real time basis for entry/exit timing and positioning
- Build relationships within DRW and w/ third parties (traders, banks, brokers, industry participants) to better understand markets and means of execution.
- Improve tools and write new software to systematize expansion and commodity selection for inclusion in the model.
- Help construct a more efficient and adaptable database application for the Grove system.
- Under direction of TF, test potential improvements to the Grove system algorithms.
- Assist in the exploration of additional commodity markets to potentially be added to the portfolio.
- Under direction of TF and independently undertake fundamental analysis on portfolio commodities and the factors influencing them. The Grove approach does utilize selective discretion to over/underweight positions and placement of those positions along the curve based on fundamental analysis.
- Build relationships both inside and outside of DRW to help germinate ideas for model changes and for fundamental analysis (internally DRW has distinct groups focused on individual commodities or sectors, e.g. grain markets)
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.