DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
DRW is actively seeking a Linux Engineer for our Unix Services Team.
The Linux team is responsible for providing a consistent, clean, and stable infrastructure that enables trading desks, developers, and our internal customers to run their applications as efficiently and deterministically as possible. Our team takes pride in leaving our environment cleaner than we found it and ensuring our users have a consistent experience.
We don’t just churn through tickets; we actively engage with our users and seek to understand what they need from their Linux environment. We need internally motivated people who take ownership of issues and projects, and consistently follow through.
If you have a strong belief in automation, consistency, scalability, and simple design, you’ll be right at home.
What you’ll be working on:
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining DRW’s Linux environments in a declarative and repeatable manner
- Actively monitoring the health of our entire Linux server environment; performing day to day troubleshooting
- Application packaging and maintenance of software repositories
- Automating repetitive system administration tasks
- Evaluating and recommending new hardware and software technologies or solutions
- Serving as a liaison between the Unix Services and Software Engineering teams
You will be an ideal member of the team if you have:
- Experience working with configuration management tools, ideally Ansible or Puppet
- Scripting and automation experience with one or more of the following: Bash, Python, or another high-level programming language
- Extensive Linux support and engineering experience in a high availability environment
- Strong RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu,or Debian experience
- Solid understanding of general technical concepts like Kerberos, DNS, DHCP, networking
- Previous experience tuning Linux systems for trading systems
- A firm understanding of IP networking and routing and IP multicast traffic
Check out a day in the life of a Linux engineer here!: https://drw.com/updates/insights/an-inside-look-at-the-drw-linux-services-team/
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.