DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
In this role you will work directly with a Portfolio Manager in Commodities to help support the entire quantitative trading process. You will have the opportunity to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial and passionate about exploring new ideas and improving current processes.
What you will need:
- 2+ years experience OR an advanced degree.
- Strong preference for math, engineering or computer science degrees.
- Strong quantitative foundation, including understanding of time-series analysis.
- Strong programming skills including Python and C++. (would consider Java, C and possibly other object-oriented programming languages)
- Ability to successfully research ideas given broad direction.
- Ability to respond to requests quickly and manage multiple work streams.
- Energetic and goal oriented.
- Creative and independent thinker.
- Interest in financial markets and trading, with prior financial experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with commodities is a plus.
What you will do:
- Develop analytic and investment tools.
- Maintain and improve code-base.
- Analyze and clean large datasets.
- Run day-to-day processes.
- Support research and development of investment strategies.
- Conduct commodity fundamental research
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.