DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Software Developer within our Trade Execution Systems team, you will develop and improve the software that our traders use to implement various trading strategies, build trading gateways and above all, enable the firm to succeed in a highly competitive industry.
We are a group of polyglots and technologists always seeking to find the right tool for each problem. You will be surrounded by cutting-edge technology and senior technologists to provide you the best possible environment to succeed on our team. We do not require familiarity with or prior experience in financial markets for this role, but an interest in finance, economics, fintech and electronic trading will be very helpful. We will give you the training you need to be successful.
What you bring to the team:
- Knowledge of Python is a plus, as well as an interest to learn other languages
- Familiarity with different protocols such as TCP, HTTP, Websockets, GraphQL, and AMQP
- Exposure to working with databases is a plus, relational and NoSQL DBs such as MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Exposure to any of the following tools: GitHub, Teamcity, Docker, webpack, and testing tools
- Good knowledge of design and architectural patterns.
- Previous professional experience working in a Linux based environment (internships and co-op experience is relevant)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams as well as the self-motivation, curiosity and a passion for new technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
How you will make an impact:
- Design, develop, and implement full-stack software systems that will be used by traders
- Build scalable and robust software using best practices
- Collaborate with traders, researchers, and software engineers within our group as well as across the organization globally.
- Analyze end-user needs and business goals to design and develop new features.
- Evaluate appropriate new technologies, tools, frameworks and software components for integration
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.