Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As an Overnight Trading Analyst, you’ll have an opportunity to combine the disciplines of risk management, research and technology to develop and execute innovative trading strategies in some of the world’s most competitive markets. Teams are close-knit groups and will allow new traders to grow into a more discretionary role without a prolonged training period by trading overnight. If you’re looking for responsibility early in your career and the opportunity to have an impact on a desk, this is the role for you.
*Please note- this role requires you to work overnight, roughly from the hours of 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM*
What you’ll do in this role….
- Deploy and execute trading strategies during Asian and European market hours
- Research and analyze trends across major financial markets and cultivate a thorough understanding of current world events and their impact across financial markets
- Collaborate with senior traders to continuously improve strategies
- Investigate the expansion of strategies to new asset classes
- Perform post-trade analysis of strategies along with engineers to build out bespoke technology systems
- Communicate relevant news, market events, and system behaviors to team members
You’ll be right at home if you have….
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, or related field
- Up to two years of experience or are a recent graduate
- A sound grasp of probability and statistics, as well as risk/reward and expected values
- Interest in the financial markets -- from macroeconomics to market microstructure
- Self-motivation, enjoy challenges and significant responsibility, and thrive in fast-paced, competitive environments that often involve calculated risk
- An ability to communicate effectively and work well in teams but also be willing to work independently when needed
- Experience with Python and machine learning techniques a plus
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.