DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We trade actively in a wide range of assets classes both domestically and internationally and are currently looking to expand into FICC (Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodity) markets. DRW seeks a Senior Options Trader who is fluent in risk management, has an excellent grasp of option theory/pricing, has experience leading a team of traders, and has deep market understanding of multiple markets within the FICC space.
- Hire and manage team of FICC option traders
- Trade options products utilizing both automated and manual execution strategies
- Market make in FICC options across multiple products, including but not limited to rates, precious metals, FX currencies, and cryptoassets, via exchange platforms and voice brokered markets
- Manage and optimize the risk of the aggregate option portfolios
- Develop and maintain relationships with prominent market participants
- Identify and capture current opportunities; research and introduce new trading strategies
- Research, identify, and execute trading strategies which fit within the risk parameters of the desk
- Review all transactions to ensure trades conform to pertinent laws and regulations
- Recognize market participant patterns
- Create models based on analysis and modify based on market dynamics; take risks accordingly
- Communicate daily with the rest of the FICC team regarding new opportunities and strategies
- Assist in the growth and development of junior traders
Required Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of experience successfully managing option books across multiple products
- Must have in-depth understanding of FICC markets and option theory
- Previous experience managing a team of traders preferred
- Experience developing and designing derivatives pricing and hedging tools using Excel and Python
- Must have strong risk management skills and an in-depth understanding of the functioning of FICC markets
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Physics or any related Engineering, Mathematics or Science discipline
- Must be proficient in Excel, Bloomberg, and Python
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills essential
- Proven ability to investigate issues within own area of work and produce results
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.