Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Cumberland team in Chicago. This role will be responsible for designing and supporting highly available systems in a technologically diverse stack used to research and trade cryptoassets globally. Leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD, Python, Prometheus and Grafana, you will build repeatable and supportable infrastructure that meets the demanding needs of our business.
- Participate in designing and supporting highly available systems
- Continue to push efforts for building out infra on Kubernetes
- Continue to enhance monitoring infra using Prometheus, Grafana, Alerta and Splunk
- Enhance CI/CD processes leveraging declarative configuration tools like Concourse
- Help create easily repeatable patterns for local development to migrate to production
- Manage large amounts of data on varying types of storage
- Support and enhance highly available database architecture
- Build and enhance tooling used by the DevOps team
- Research and implement new technologies
- Consistently challenge the norm and advocate for change
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities:
- Prior experience supporting mission critical, high performance applications
- Deploying and supporting applications in Kubernetes
- Monitoring applications using Prometheus and Grafana
- Developed CI/CD pipelines for Kubernetes deployments
- Solid Python experience
- Postgres support for highly available systems
- Previous Linux platform support experience
- Basic knowledge of TLS
- Demonstrated knowledge of network communications experience, including multicast and websockets
- Flexibility to take off-hours support calls as needs dictate
- Experience using ansible to manage infrastructure
- Ability to learn quickly; a passion for new technology
- Self-motivated to continually expand skillset and improve supported systems
- Demonstrated high level of ownership and accountability
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, prioritization, and documentation
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.