DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
The Purchasing Coordinator is part of our global purchasing team that is responsible for managing the full procurement lifecycle across a wide variety of assets, with a heavy emphasis on technology products. In this role, you’ll manage the shipping and receiving process for our London and Amsterdam offices, as well as collaborate on placing orders and working with the purchasing team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Facilitate the complete requisition approval process, including application of our cost allocation methodologies for tangible items
- Perform inventory counts and checks on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and replenish stock when needed; generate stockroom reporting
- Manage the shipping and receiving process; asset tag equipment and perform data entry in Asset Management systems
- Reconcile monthly credit card purchases
- Assist with shipping Invoice allocation and control
- Lead mobile wireless management for our London & Amsterdam offices
- Build and manage vendor relationships
- Negotiate with vendors to get the best value for the firm
Required Skills & Experience:
- Have College Degree
- Have 1 year of purchasing and logistics experience (in IT or Telecom related discipline would be an asset)
- Experience in negotiation and vendor management (building and maintaining vendor relationships)
- Have excellent knowledge of MS office suite, collaboration tools and web-based tools
- Are resourceful and have a proven track record for developing solid supplier relationships
- Have experience with applications such as JIRA, Wrike etc. is very valuable
- Have knowledge in the area of electronics and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Able to understand complex IT equipment
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Foster a rapid procurement process and continually identify opportunities to improve
- Unafraid to challenge consensus, ask questions and demonstrate ownership.
- Intelligence and creative thinking are celebrated and vital assets
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.