DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an Operations Specialist, your work will focus on OTC & OTC Intermediation products and processes, including reconciliations, profit-and-loss calculation and analysis, variance analysis, end of day settlements management and a variety of other activities to support the firms trading activities across all asset classes. In this role, you will have regular, direct interaction with a variety of teams, including finance, risk, treasury, technology, operations, and the front office. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high degree of professionalism is paramount.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Perform detailed trade, position and valuation reconciliations across our OTC and OTC Intermediated business
- Daily, firm-wide P&L calculation, substantiation and variance analysis
- Manage the end-of-day product marking process (internal theoretical settlements) and support firmwide EOD P&L reporting
- Preparation, analysis and support for the onboarding of new or enhanced workflows for existing or new derivative products
- Adopt, integrate and promote new technology as it becomes available
- Work with cash and treasury teams to facilitate cash movements in OTC businesses
You’ll be right at home if you have:
- Five or more years of experience in a detail-oriented role in the financial markets industry, ideally in a middle office, back office or risk management capacity
- Experience with futures, futures options, equities, equity options, FX, bonds, swaps, swaptions or other financial derivatives or products
- High level of proficiency with Excel
- Previous experience with SQL and VBA
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or another quantitative field
- Demonstrated strong communication skills with internal and external collaborators
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and solve problems independently and in collaboration with various teams across the firm
- Proven ability to understand challenging problems, find solutions and drive process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to understand the big picture and anticipate downstream impacts
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.