DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As an HRIS/HR Operations Analyst, you will act as both a functional and technical HR subject matter specialist on the HR team. You will help our HR team strategize and plan operational changes as well as be part of the HRIS team to administer and configure DRW’s current global HR system, Workday. You will collaborate with other HR team members on various HR initiatives relating to our HR system and operations, such as immigration, new hire orientation, global payroll, employee benefits and performance management.
- Collaborate with HR team members and other business partners to strategize, design and implement HR operational improvements and initiatives within the firm while focusing on optimization, efficiency, and simplification
- Build project plans, ensure adherence to project schedules, and drive completion
- Assist with HRIS support and resolution within Workday’s HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, Compensation, Performance and Talent Modules including troubleshooting questions, processing changes, system configuration, monitoring integrations, testing, user training, data analysis, and reporting requests
- Support HRIS Manager with Workday’s semi-annual system upgrades with document summarization, system design, configuration, and user acceptance testing
- Partner with HR team to develop business requirements for change requests and translate those initiatives into technical requirements within Workday
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization to define business needs while managing stakeholder expectations, develop best practices, solve problems and implement improvements to business processes
- Develop procedures, guidelines, and documentation for Workday and assist employees with system navigation
- Remain current on HR system and data strategies in order to implement new ideas as well as leverage system technology for operation effectiveness
- Develop Workday reports and integration data sheets (EIBs) to support HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, and other areas as needed
- Help maintain data integrity through audits and analysis
- Serve as a backup for managing Workday permissions and system security
Required Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 2 - 5 years of HRIS functional experience in one or more of these areas: HCM, Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, Talent, Time Tracking, Absence Management, Security, Reporting; Workday preferred
- Previous HR or Recruiting System configuration and/or implementation experience with the ability to transfer business needs into technical requirements is preferred
- Previous experience with operational improvements and design, including demonstrated knowledge of HR policies and process flows
- Advanced MS Excel skills required
- Ability to troubleshoot issues presented by end users and brainstorm potential solutions
- General understanding of HR business processes and operational analysis in the areas of payroll, benefits, compensation, and performance management and a desire to learn and expand knowledge in these areas
- Outstanding work ethic and excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with ability to work well within a team
- Must have strong organization, prioritization and project management skills
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve and make sound decisions
- Strong desire to continuously learn, ask probing questions, and respectfully challenge current processes
- Must have a high attention to detail, be responsive, and able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have ability to adapt to changing business priorities and environment
- Must be mature and discreet and have experience dealing with highly confidential information
- Proficiency in extracting and manipulating data to create meaningful reports
- A willingness to collaborate and assist whenever, wherever needed
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.