DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are currently looking for a Data Center Engineer to cover the NY/NJ metro area and assist with managing the architecture and operations of our data centers in this region. This person will also occasionally provide support for other regions as needed.
What you’ll be working on:
- Maintaining integrity of global data centers
- Racking and cabling servers and other equipment
- Performing network infrastructure cabling
- Setting standards of excellence for all data center operations
- Participating in expansion planning for all DRW data centers
- Monitoring environmental conditions of all data centers
- Maintaining documentation within DCIM tool
- Maintaining optimal A/C and power conditions for data centers and facilities
- Performing Windows & Linux server administration
- 3+ years of hands-on data center engineering experience
- Previous experience doing network infrastructure cabling
- Familiarity with HP, IBM, and Dell Servers, Blades, SAN and Cisco equipment
- Previous experience working with backup software
- Previous hands-on Windows and Linux server administration experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal team members and external vendors
- Must be a team player and self-starter
- Strong documentation skills to capture architecture details, procedures, and other relevant data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Regular local travel (approximately 75% of the time); occasional international travel
- Must have valid driver’s license
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.