DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
As a Prudential Regulation Compliance Officer, you’ll be responsible for managing a variety of regulatory compliance programs for our UK and Dutch entities. Your primary focus will be on ensuring compliance with prudential rules but you will also support the wider UK and EU Compliance team on conduct issues. You’ll communicate and collaborate closely with a variety of internal teams and external parties.
- Oversee prudential compliance; interpret and implement IFR/IFD rules and advise Finance teams responsible for capital reporting on rules interpretation in the UK and the Netherlands
- Manage the capital adequacy assessment processes (ICAAPs) and documentation as well as the recovery and resolution planning processes and documentation for UK and EU entities.
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing compliance with IFR/IFD rules that do not relate directly to capital adequacy such as remuneration and governance
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of Risk Registers and Responsibilities Maps
- Responsible for oversight of some Conduct risk elements of the Compliance Monitoring Programme (for example SMCR or review of DRW policies)
- Liaise directly with FCA and DNB on Prudential matters as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in financial markets compliance, including previous EU/UK Prudential regulatory experience
- Experience with Capital Adequacy Assessments from a UK and/or EU perspective preferred
- Knowledge of the Investment Firm Regulation and Directive rules highly preferred
- Experience advising on or implementing EU regulation relevant to Investment Firms
- Ability to interpret rules and regulation for stakeholders in practical terms; ability to effectively liaise with and advise multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise competing objectives
- Motivation and ability to own and improve compliance processes
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent in English
- Bachelor’s degree
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.