DRW is a diversified, technology-led principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – growing to include real estate, cryptocurrencies, venture capital and several industry acquisitions. With more than 1000 employees globally, we work together to solve interesting problems and capture opportunities. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity, and constant collaboration, with some of the smartest, most passionate people you will meet.
As Technology Operations Center Manager, you will have a unique opportunity to build and manage DRW’s Technology Operations Center, a new team acting as the global, front-line of defense in monitoring and response for our business-critical systems. You will lead efforts to grow and enhance the Operations Center’s capabilities through automation and the build out of new tool sets and processes. You will work closely with teams across the firm to quickly establish an understanding of the relationships between systems and the organizations that are dependent on them.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a global team of engineers focused on the monitoring of business-critical systems and related incident identification and technical resolution activities
- Manage business-impacting outages and coordinate efforts with other global support teams to ensure a rapid response and resolution, while providing seamless communication throughout each event
- Lead remediation efforts to ensure business-impacting outages are assessed for root cause and opportunities to improve overall resiliency
- Implement process automation and monitoring tools using a combination of in-house and third-party technologies
- Lead efforts to expand the Operations Center’s reach and services within the firm, evolving services to suit the needs of organizations where practical
- Manage and evolve the firm’s global Change Management practice, both internally and externally, and ensure adherence to policies, procedures, and reporting requirements
- Develop clear, concise documentation for policies, common procedures, troubleshooting scenarios and system architecture
- Demonstrated experience managing global teams that provide monitoring, automation, engineering, and technical support services in an enterprise environment
- Proven ability to quickly build trust and credibility across a highly technologically diverse enterprise
- Experience managing technology transformation and optimization initiatives
- Experience implementing an enterprise monitoring stack using a combination of third-party and custom developed applications
- Experience implementing automation with Python or other scripting tools
- Proven experience successfully working within a formal Change Management program
- Previous experience deploying and supporting trading systems is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.