DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Currently, we are recruiting for a Data Center Specialist to join our IT division. We're looking for a highly experienced professional who will be responsible for setting up complex systems worldwide, whose focus is on combining hardware and software products as per DRW internal project specifications. This individual also participates in the implementation, maintenance and support of all networked software and operating systems.
As a Data Center Specialist, you must have excellent problem-solving and problem-identifying skills, be detail oriented and be able to adapt to change and work well under pressure. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to travel on short notice.
- Procure and deploy equipment and its required connectivity in data centers
- Maintain detailed documentation of all deployed IT assets
- Coordinate with technicians in our remote sites to troubleshoot network related issues
- Review, propose and implement data center sites improvement
- Install, upgrade, configure and maintain network equipment, servers and Operating Systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and Layer 1 and 2 connectivity problems
- Coordinate with Service providers for the installation and activation of new services
- Manage RMAs with manufacturers
- Document system problems and resolutions for future reference
- Available for emergency oncall during nights, weekend and holidays
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in data center industry
- Knowledge in computer networking, troubleshooting and analytical skills in a fast paced and continuously evolving environment
- Experience with installing, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting data center equipment
- Adept at identifying and solving problems at various levels of internetworked computer systems
- Technical knowledge of current network hardware, network management concepts, LAN and WAN networking, Operating Systems and Virtualization
- Good physical condition to lift heavy equipment during deployment
- Available to travel over 50% of the time in North America and parts of Europe
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Certified Data Center Professional (CDCP)
- Lab testing using oscilloscope, switches and servers
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.