DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
Our team is currently looking for a Modem Designer. You must be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment. You must possess a keen sense of enthusiasm and attention to detail, as well as a sense of commitment and dedication to our team.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Design Microwave/mmWave/HF Low latency Modems
- Keep up to date with the progress of the latest research in the industry and academia
- Executing detailed module, subsystem, and system level design, simulation, and verification.
- Lead the effort of implementing, debugging, and verifying these systems/subsystems in FPGA.
- Providing required design documents, reviewing test results, and conducting design reviews.
- Interfacing with all functional teams to support software, hardware and system development.
- Lead the effort of design tool maintenance and improving design processes continuously
What’s needed in this role:
· 7+ years of applied experience in logic designs for FPGA or ASIC.
· Experience with software engineering design principles and best practices.
· Programming, design patterns, modularity, reusability, extensibility, etc.
· Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl. Able to program in C and Matlab.
· Experience with Linux/Unix operating system
· Research and Development background in digital signal processing and wireless communication is required
· Advanced degree (Master or PhD) is preferred
· You have a keen vision and awareness of new technologies, applications and use cases.
· Extensive high-speed digital design experience. Familiar with the latest FPGA or ASIC technology.
· Expert level proficiency with Verilog, System Verilog, VHDL and large complex RTL designs
· Expert level proficiency with simulation and implementation tools and design processes.
· Experience with lab testing equipment such as oscilloscope, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers
· Experience with RTOS embedded development
· Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, seeking to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
· Laser-focused on the smallest of details
What DRW Montreal has to offer you:
- Recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers for the past 8 years
- Committed to continuous learning & development
- Industry leading benefits package and perks
- Focused on employee well-being and work-life balance
- Community initiatives, volunteer program and opportunities for giving back
Find out more about all of our perks & benefits here
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.